Second U.S. PassportWho is eligible
Gathering the necessary documents to apply for Second Passport
- Place order for Second Passport
- By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your second passport application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.
- Passport renewal application online:
- Click on "Continue" under "Apply for a Passport Book" column and print the application. Be sure to sign and date your application. The DS-82 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode will be delayed.
- Statement for Second Passport (sample)
- Please write and sign the Statement in Support of Application for Second Passport. To avoid any delays, the Statement must provide detailed information as to why the applicant requires a Second Passport. The sample provided should be used for reference only.
- Current valid passport
- You are required to present your primary passport with your application. If your current passport is within 1 year of expiration you will need to renew your passport before applying. If you are applying for renewal of second passport, you need to submit your current and expired secondary passport with your application.
- Letter of Authorization
- Please print, sign, and date the letter.
- Two (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
- Travel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight info, or
if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer
- Government Fees
- Certified Check or Money Order payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for $170.00
Shipping the documents to VisaHQ
Make sure that the following documents are included:
1. Signed and dated Form DS-82
2. Signed and dated Letter of Explanation
3. Current valid passport
4. Letter of Authorization (1 signed copy)
5. Two (2) passport photos
6. Travel itinerary (24 hour service only)
7. Certified Check or Money Order for $170 payable to US Department of State
Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number such as
FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to:
/ U.S. Passport
2005 Massachusetts Ave. NW