The application for any passport service must be completed online at the U.S. Department of State website. Upon completion of the application form tick the 'I have read and acknowledge the steps contained above.' checkbox and proceed to downloading the PDF application form by clicking the 'Create Form' button. Make sure that your application form has the barcode on it before proceeding.
Online Passport Application Form
Passport information identityYou can prove your identity with on of the following documents:
NOTE: your Social Security Card does not prove your identity.
- Previous U.S. passport ( mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity ).
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Current, valid 1) Driver's license issued more than 6 months ago or 2) Government ID: city, state, federal or 3) Military ID: military and dependents
If you changed your legal name by way of marriage or otherwise you will need to provide evidence of the name change: a certified copy of either
- A marriage certificate, or
- A name change court decree.If none of the above listed documents are available, you will need:
1. Some signature documents, not acceptable alone as ID (ex: a combination of documents, such as your Social Security card, credit card, bank card, library card, etc.) AND
2. A person who can vouch for you. He/she must:
- Have known you for at least 2 years,
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- Have valid ID, and
- Fill out a Form DS-71 in the presence of a passport agent.