Name Change - Passport AmendmentWho is eligible
Gathering the necessary documents to Change the Name on Your Passport
- Place order for Passport Name Change
- By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your passport name change application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.
- If your passport was issued less than 1 year ago:
- Download and fill out the DS-5504 application form. Sign and date your application.
If your passport was issued more than one year ago please apply for U.S. passport renewal.
- Two (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
- Proof of the name change
- A certified copy of either
- A marriage certificate, or
- A name change court decree
- Letter of Authorization
- Download, print out, sign and date this letter of authorization.
- Valid passport
- Passport must have at least one year validity remaining. If your passport expires within a year please apply for passport renewal.
- Travel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight info, or
if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer
- Government Fees
- Certified Check or Money Order payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for $60.00
Shipping the documents to VisaHQ
Make sure that the following documents are included:
1. Signed and dated Amendment Form (DS-5504)
2. Two passport size photos
3. Proof of the name change
4. Valid Passport
5. Signed Letter of Authorization
6. Travel itinerary (Rush Service only)
7. Certified Check or Money Order for $60 to US Department of State
Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number such as
FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to:
/ U.S. Passport
2005 Massachusetts Ave. NW