All existing visas issued to nationals of any country except those issued to Diplomats, Officials, UN/International organizations, Employment, Project visas stand suspended till May 3, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020 at the port of departure of any foreigner for onward journey to India.
All evisa applications will be submitted after May 3, 2020.
Those who intend to travel to India for compelling reasons may contact the nearest Indian Mission for fresh visa.
India E-visas must be obtained prior to travel to India. No documents need to be mailed to VisaHQ for processing. You will receive an Electronic Travel Authority by e-mail. Biometric details will be taken upon arrival in India.
If you have a valid visa in your old passport, this visa is still valid for entry. You have to bring your old passport along with your new passport and earlier granted valid e-Visa (ETA) document with you. Please do not apply if you have a valid visa in any other passport. Your application will be rejected. If your passport with Indian visa was lost, and you are applying with a new passport, please let us know
India tourist e-visa is required for citizens of China.
or seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai.
However, travelers can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
• have been arrested/ prosecuted/ convicted by Court of Law of any country;
• have been refused entry / deported by any country including India;
• have been engaged in human trafficking/ drug trafficking/ child abuse/ crime against women/ Economic offense / Financial fraud;
• have ever been engaged in cyber crime/ terrorist activities/ sabotage/ espionage/ genocide/ political killing/ other act of violence;
• have by any means or medium, expressed views that justify or glorify terrorist violence or that may encourage others to terrorist acts or other serious criminal acts;
• have sought asylum (political or otherwise)in any country
Are ineligible for e-Visa and must instead apply for a visa at the nearest Indian Consulate. Please contact VisaHQ for more information.
• All regular (sticker) Visas/e-Visa (including VoA for Japan and South Korea) granted to nationals of Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan and issued on or before 03.03.2020 and who have not yet entered India, stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India due to compelling reasons, may seek fresh visa from nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Regular (sticker) visa / e-Visa granted to nationals of Peoples Republic of China, issued on or before 05.02.2020 were suspended earlier. It shall remain in force. Such Chinese nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those needing to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Regular (sticker) visas/e-Visas granted to all foreign nationals who have travelled to Peoples Republic of China, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Japan on or after 01.02.2020, and who have not yet entered India stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Diplomats, officials of UN and other International bodies, OCI cardholders and Aircrew from above countries are exempted from such restriction on entry. However, their medical screening is compulsory.
• All foreign and Indian nationals entering into India from any port are required to furnish duly filled self declaration form (including personal particulars i.e. phone no. and address in India) and travel history, to Health officials and Immigration officials at all port.
• Passengers (foreign and Indian) other than those restricted, arriving directly or indirectly from China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan must undergo medical screening at port of entry.
Embassy of India in the United States of America offers visa processing of 5 business days.
Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one. Upon contacting the embassy confirm the required documents, the time it takes to process the visa and whether the consulate accepts applications by mail.