- Student visarequired
- Tourist visanot required
- Business visanot required
Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days
Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days
VisaHQ provides consultancy and document review, pre-check only. Please do not send any original documents to VisaHQ. You must reserve an appointment and appear in person to submit your documents and Biometrics at the nearest Consulate in your jurisdiction
Travelers are advised to consult current appointment availability prior to committing to any travel plans as waiting times vary in all jurisdictions. Do not make any non-refundable purchases or reservations prior to getting your visa approved.
Visa application form. Fully completed and signed application form.
Passport copy. A clear scan of the information page of your valid, signed passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity after your intended departure from the Schengen Area and at least 2 blank visa pages. Please do NOT send your original passport.
Passport-type photograph. Include a passport style photo, with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. You may also choose to upload a photo to your order for us to print. There is a charge associated with this service.
Proof of residency. Copy of driver's license, state issued ID, or major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) for the most recent month, showing the applicant's name and current address.
Health insurance. Proof of international health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000, specifically covering travel to Schengen states is required. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency medical aid, and hospital treatment for the period of stay.
Enrollment Letter. Please provide a letter confirming your enrollment from university/college/school in the destination country, including: name, address, and registration number with the Department of Education in Spain, full payment of tuition, duration of the program, subjects of study, and hours per week of study, which must be at least 20.
Financial Support. Proof of financial means, at least $700 USD per month of stay. Accepted forms: A letter from the school in Spain assuming full financial responsibility during your stay, proof of financial aid or scholarship, personal bank statements, or a notarized letter from the parents or legal guardians guaranteeing support. Notarization instructions can be found here.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
- Additional required documents for minors:Authorization Letter. A Notarized authorization letter to apply for the visa signed by the parents or legal guardians.
- Additional required documents for travelers staying over 180 daysPolice Record. Copy of the Police Record Certificate for persons 16 years old and up from your country of origin or place of residence for the last five years, bearing the "Apostille of the Hague Convention". If the certificate is issued outside the US it must be duly legalized by the corresponding Consulate of Spain plus one copy. The original certificate must be kept and brought to Spain in case of being required by the Spanish Police.Medical Certificate. A doctor's statement on their official letterhead, indicating that the student has been examined and found in good physical and mental health to travel to study abroad and is free of contagious diseases or any other illnesses which could lead to public health repercussions according to the International Sanitary Regulations-2005 of the World Health Organization.
Spain Student visa fees for citizens of United States of America
|Type of visa||Validity||Processing||Embassy fee||Service fee||Tax||Total cost|
|Up to 1 year||14-21 business days||$0.00||$99.00||$0.00||$99.00|
- Up to 1 year
- 14-21 business days
- to get your visa
- price starts at
The actual duration is at the discretion of the Spain Consulate.
- Check visa
covered for up to 500
We take our job seriously. All passports that are submitted to VisaHQ for processing are covered for up to $500 against any loss or damage. If you choose FedEx when applying online, we will even cover your passport in transit to us and from us to you.
Find us near you
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
- Houston, TX
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
Frequently Asked Questions about Spain visa
- What is a Schengen Visa?A Schengen visa is a short-stay visa that allows a person to travel to any member country in the Schengen Zone.
- Types of Schengen Visas and validityValidity- Maximum stay in the Schengen Zone is up to 90 days Tourist - Purpose of travel must be Tourism and Visit only Business - Purpose of travel must be of doing business only (Employment is prohibited)
- Cost of a Schengen VisaThe cost of a Schengen visa fee is €60 per adults, 35 for children 6-12 years old (no visa fee for children under 6 years) and 35 for citizens of Russia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Moldavia. Visa fees are paid in local currency. For the exact amount please contact the embassy/consulate you will be applying for your visa (Fees subject to change)
- How long will it take for my visa to be issued?Approximate processing times at the Consulate are 10-15 business days. Please keep in mind processing times can change due to requests for additional documents applicable to your particular case, availability for the appointments, holidays etc.
- How far in advance can I apply for my Schengen visa?You may submit your Tourist Schengen Visa application at least 15 days prior to your trip. However you may apply no more than 90 days before your trip.
- What should I consider before I apply for my Schengen visa?Your passport has to be issued within the past 10 years and valid for at least 90 days past your planned departure from the Schengen Zone. You need to apply for the correct type of visa based on the main purpose of your trip. Are you entering and visiting one or more Schengen countries. If you are visiting more than one Schengen country, then you must apply for the visa to a Schengen country you are staying the longest. If equal amounts of stay in other countries, then apply for the visa to a Schengen country you will enter first.
- How will VisaHQ help with my Schengen visa?If you have selected our Basic package, place an order on our website. All you have to do is fill out the online application, print and sign the form generated by our system, gather the required documents, follow our instructions listed on ‘how to submit’ section of the package, and take them to the Consulate of Spain near you. If you have selected our Standard package, place your order on our website. Once you have placed your order, you will be asked to upload the required documents on your secure account. We will then do an accuracy check of your documents and inform you within 3 business days of any discrepancies or missing documents. We will also guide you through the process of scheduling an appointment and get you ready for your in-person visit.
- What countries are included in Schengen Zone?The Schengen Zone consists of 26 countries at present. Schengen visa holders can move about freely within the Schengen Zone. Schengen Visa Countries List (See/Insert Clickable link for list of countries - https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/_) Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Liechtenstein.