Schengen visa

Spain visa

Schengen visas, made easy. We help you understand requirements, gather the correct documents, and prepare for the interview.
Schengen visa - travel document that allows a person to enter the Schengen zone for a designated period of time.

Most countries permitting entry to travelers will require a negative COVID test prior to traveling. In many cases negative results have to be received either when applying for a visa or 72 hours prior to boarding. Please contact VisaHQ to see if your visa application will require a COVID test and what sort of stipulations apply.

Schedule Q & A call
VisaHQ specialist will answer all your questions and help you get started
Complete our online visa application form
VisaHQ pre-checks information to ensure smooth processing
VisaHQ online consultation
VisaHQ will proofread the application and assist with assembling the paperwork
Pre-check documents
Submit the online form and upload copies of supporting documents for specialist to review
Print out application kit
Complete set of forms and instructions, agent assistance available
Visit the Consulate
You are fully prepared! Take the application kit to the consulate to apply in person with confidence
VisaHQ provides phone or in person assistance
Get your visa delivered!
We do our best to get you on your way as quickly as possible
Apply online
Mail documents
Receive a visa
Expert in Spain visa services since 2003, VisaHQ is a private visa agency, not affiliated with the government of Spain. VisaHQ provides expediting services for visa to Spain and charges a service fee. See how we compare in the 90 seconds video

Spain visa

Having to get a visa to Spain takes all the fun out of traveling.
We are here to get it back. Just apply online below and let us do the rest

Need help?Chat with us Call us 7 days a week:  Call us 7 days a week: 
Due to the ongoing pandemic document drop-off and collection from our offices will need to be coordinated with our team via chat or phone support. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Choose a visa type
  • n
    Tourist visa
    not required
  • n
    Business visa
    not required
  • r
    Student visa
A visa is not required for this destination.

Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days

Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days

VisaHQ provides consultancy and document review, pre-check only. Please do not send any original documents to VisaHQ. You must reserve an appointment and appear in person to submit your documents and Biometrics at the nearest Consulate in your jurisdiction.

Travelers are advised to consult current appointment availability prior to committing to any travel plans as waiting times vary in all jurisdictions. Do not make any non-refundable purchases or reservations prior to getting your visa approved.

Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
COVID-19 / Health Insurance for travel to Spain
  • Visa application form. Fully completed and signed application form.

  • Passport copy. A clear scan of the information page of your valid, signed passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity after your intended departure from the Schengen Area and at least 2 blank visa pages. Please do NOT send your original passport.

  • Passport-type photograph. Include a passport style photo, with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. You may also choose to upload a photo to your order for us to print. There is a charge associated with this service.

  • Proof of residency. Copy of driver's license, state issued ID, or major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) for the most recent month, showing the applicant's name and current address.

  • Health insurance. Proof of international health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000, specifically covering travel to Schengen states is required. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency medical aid, and hospital treatment for the period of stay.

  • Enrollment Letter. Please provide a letter confirming your enrollment from university/college/school in the destination country, including: name, address, and registration number with the Department of Education in Spain, full payment of tuition, duration of the program, subjects of study, and hours per week of study, which must be at least 20.

  • Financial Support. Proof of financial means, at least $700 USD per month of stay. Accepted forms: A letter from the school in Spain assuming full financial responsibility during your stay, proof of financial aid or scholarship, personal bank statements, or a notarized letter from the parents or legal guardians guaranteeing support. Notarization instructions can be found here.

VisaHQ can provide consultation services prior to your application submission. You must still schedule an appointment to submit your paperwork at your nearest consulate. All Schengen Zone visa applications must be submitted by the applicant in person.

Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for

A visa is not required for this destination.

A visa is not required for this destination.

Sounds good! What else do I need to know while planning a trip to Spain?
  • First, check the current validity of your passport.

  • Second, make sure your passport has blank Visa pages.

  • Confirm if transit visa is required for any connections.

    Check with your airline in case you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Spain. It may be the case that countries you pass through en route to your destination may require a separate transit visa. Please refer to visa requirements of the specific country
Additional information
  • Additional required documents for minors:
    Authorization Letter. A Notarized authorization letter to apply for the visa signed by the parents or legal guardians.
  • Additional required documents for travelers staying over 180 days
    Police Record. Copy of the Police Record Certificate for persons 16 years old and up from your country of origin or place of residence for the last five years, bearing the "Apostille of the Hague Convention". If the certificate is issued outside the US it must be duly legalized by the corresponding Consulate of Spain plus one copy. The original certificate must be kept and brought to Spain in case of being required by the Spanish Police.
    Medical Certificate. A doctor's statement on their official letterhead, indicating that the student has been examined and found in good physical and mental health to travel to study abroad and is free of contagious diseases or any other illnesses which could lead to public health repercussions according to the International Sanitary Regulations-2005 of the World Health Organization.

Personal Visit






Spain tourist visas may be issued with a max stay of up to 90 days.
The actual duration is at the discretion of the Spain Consulate.
Expert in Spain visa services since 2003, VisaHQ is a private agency, not affiliated with the government of Spain. VisaHQ provides expediting services for visa to Spain and charges a service fee.
Choose a visa type
  • Check visa

What people say about us

Increase Your Chance to get Visa
Decrease Time Spent to Apply
We Assist you online and during personal visits
We check your Docs to be sure they're flawless
Your documents are safe with VisaHQ
All passports are
covered for up to

We take our job seriously. All passports that are submitted to VisaHQ for processing are covered for up to $500 against any loss or damage. If you choose FedEx when applying online, we will even cover your passport in transit to us and from us to you.

Your peace of mind is our greatest reward

Find us near you

To apply for Spain visa in
  • Washington, DC
    Address Inc.
    2005 Massachusetts Ave. NW
    Washington, DC 20036-1030
    Working Hours
    For calls: Mo-Fr, 8:30 am - 8:30 pm ET
    For calls: Mo-Fr, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm ET
  • San Francisco, CA
    Address Inc.
    870 Market Street
    San Francisco, CA 94102
    Working Hours
    For calls: Mo-Fr, 5:30 am - 5:30 pm PT
    For calls: Mo-Fr, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm PT
  • Houston, TX
    Address Inc.
    2101 Crawford st
    Suite 109
    Houston, TX 77002
  • Chicago, IL
    Address Inc.
    1 E. Erie St
    Suite 525
    Chicago, IL 60611

Frequently Asked Questions about Spain visa

  • What is a Schengen Visa?
    A Schengen visa is a short-stay visa that allows a person to travel to any member country in the Schengen Zone.
  • Types of Schengen Visas and validity
    Validity- Maximum stay in the Schengen Zone is up to 90 days Tourist - Purpose of travel must be Tourism and Visit only Business - Purpose of travel must be of doing business only (Employment is prohibited)
  • Cost of a Schengen Visa
    The cost of a Schengen visa fee is €60 per adults, 35 for children 6-12 years old (no visa fee for children under 6 years) and 35 for citizens of Russia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Moldavia. Visa fees are paid in local currency. For the exact amount please contact the embassy/consulate you will be applying for your visa (Fees subject to change)
  • How long will it take for my visa to be issued?
    Approximate processing times at the Consulate are 10-15 business days. Please keep in mind processing times can change due to requests for additional documents applicable to your particular case, availability for the appointments, holidays etc.
  • How far in advance can I apply for my Schengen visa?
    You may submit your Tourist Schengen Visa application at least 15 days prior to your trip. However you may apply no more than 90 days before your trip.
  • What should I consider before I apply for my Schengen visa?
    Your passport has to be issued within the past 10 years and valid for at least 90 days past your planned departure from the Schengen Zone. You need to apply for the correct type of visa based on the main purpose of your trip. Are you entering and visiting one or more Schengen countries. If you are visiting more than one Schengen country, then you must apply for the visa to a Schengen country you are staying the longest. If equal amounts of stay in other countries, then apply for the visa to a Schengen country you will enter first.
  • How will VisaHQ help with my Schengen visa?
    If you have selected our Basic package, place an order on our website. All you have to do is fill out the online application, print and sign the form generated by our system, gather the required documents, follow our instructions listed on ‘how to submit’ section of the package, and take them to the Consulate of Spain near you. If you have selected our Standard package, place your order on our website. Once you have placed your order, you will be asked to upload the required documents on your secure account. We will then do an accuracy check of your documents and inform you within 3 business days of any discrepancies or missing documents. We will also guide you through the process of scheduling an appointment and get you ready for your in-person visit.
  • What countries are included in Schengen Zone?
    The Schengen Zone consists of 26 countries at present. Schengen visa holders can move about freely within the Schengen Zone. Schengen Visa Countries List (See/Insert Clickable link for list of countries - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Liechtenstein.

    Spain Embassy list in United States of America

    Spain Customs

    Import Regulations Export Regulations Health and Security Contact Customs Authorities
        Spanish Customs contact information
        For further assistance please contact the Spanish Customs authorities directly. They will provide the latest information about customs regulations and export-import procedures.

        • Address
        • Phone

        For additional information about travel restrictions, security warnings, political updates, and basic travel guidelines, please contact the nearest Spanish Embassy.


        Whooops! Server is in the spirit world.
        Please, try again later

        Refresh the page