• 200 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 250 grammes of tobacco
• 2 litres of Alcohol up to 15%vol and 1 litre over 15%
• 20 litres of wine
• 50 ml perfume
• 250 ml toilet water
• Personal gifts and effects up to CHF 200
• An unlimited amount of foreign or local currency can currently be brought in or taken out of the country.
• Illegal drugs
• Weapons and ammunition – unless permission has been obtained
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Plant and plant products
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• All firearms and ammunition must be declared upon arrival. Up to two firearms can be imported providing the traveller can prove that the weapons will be used for the purposes of hunting or sporting contests. Prior authorization from the local police department should also be obtained if unable to comply with the above restrictions.
• Plant and plant products are restricted and will need special permission to enter the country.
• Animal and animal products including milk, eggs, meat and honey, is prohibited from entering the country from non EU countries.
• All dogs and cats being imported from a Rabies infected country will need to be accompanied by a special certificate clearing the animals of any infectious diseases.