- rDigital Nomad Visarequired
- nTourist visanot required
- nBusiness visanot required
Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days within a 180-days period
Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days
U.S. citizens must have proof of a negative result from a COVID-19 PCR test that’s no more than 48 hours old upon arrival, or take a PCR test immediately upon arriving and self-isolate until getting a negative result. You must also have evidence of an accommodation paid in advance and in full.
Visa application form. Fully completed and signed application form.
Original passport. The passport must be valid at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the destination country and has at least 2 blank visa pages.
Health insurance. Proof of international health insurance(travel or private health insurance must cover the territory of the Republic of Croatia) with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000, specifically covering travel to Schengen states is also required. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency medical aid, and hospital treatment for the period of stay. Applicants can get a free quote and purchase valid travel insurance from our affiliate.
Proof of Employment. (contract of employment or other document proving that the person performs work through communication technology for a foreign employer or his own company which is not registered in the Republic of Croatia), that is
• statement from the employer or third-country national (as proof that the person performs work through communication technology), and
• contract of employment or service contract with a foreign employer, or
• copy of the registration of his own company and proof that he performs the said tasks through his own company.
Proof of Financial Support. Bank statement or proof of regular income. Pursuant to the Regulation on the manner of calculating and the amount of means of subsistence for third-country nationals in the Republic of Croatia (Official Gazette no. 14/21), the amount required on a monthly basis is a minimum of HRK 16,907.50. More precisely, if you intend to stay in the Republic of Croatia for 12 months, you need to prove that you have a minimum of HRK 202,890.00 available.
Criminal Record. Proof that he/she has not been convicted of criminal offences from his/her home country or a country in which he/she resided for more than one year immediately before arriving in the Republic of Croatia.
Proof of accommodation. Provide your address of stay or of intended stay in the Republic of Croatia. This is important for determining the police administration/police station which is locally competent for processing your application. If this is the first time you are applying and you do not have an address in the Republic of Croatia, you can provide a temporary address as the address of your intended stay (hostel/hotel if you have a reservation/confirmed reservation of accommodation).
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
- Once you are informed that your temporary stay was granted, you have to contact the embassy or consulate once again to obtain a visa to enter the Republic of Croatia or a biometric residence permit (please inquire beforehand about this possibility at the embassy/consulate).
- REGISTERING TEMPORARY RESIDENCE ADDRESS Third-country nationals are obligated to register their temporary residence address within 3 days from their entry in the Republic of Croatia at the competent police administration/police station according to the location of their stay. You can do this by filling in Form 8a and enclosing a lease contract, a statement from the landlord, or a title deed.
Croatia Digital Nomad Visa fees for citizens of United States of America
|Type of visa||Validity|
Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.
Processing times start on the next business day following submission and serve as indications of processing times under normal circumstances only.
|Embassy fee||Service fee||Tax||Total cost|
|Temporary Stay (up to 1 year)|
Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.Up to 1 year
Processing times start on the next business day following submission and serve as indications of processing times under normal circumstances only.15 business days
- Check visa
Croatia COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is openCroatia is open for travelers from all countries, under various entry requirements. All arrivals from outside the EEA/EU area, must present proof of accommodation for the duration of their stay.Prior to arrival requirementsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if visa is needed and apply.Negative COVID-19 test. Anyone arriving to Croatia will be required to present negative PCR or antigen test results, no older than 48 hours, or take one upon arrival and quarantine until results are in.
This does not apply to vaccinated travelers, and arrivals from countries that are defined as safe.Health form of all arrivals must be fill in advance. The form can be submitted online before departure.Upon arrival restrictions🏠Quarantine is required. Anyone arriving to Croatia will be required to present negative PCR no older than 72 or antigen test results, no older than 48 hours, or take one upon arrival and quarantine until results are in.
This does not apply to vaccinated travelers.😷Masks are required in public spaces and transport.
covered for up to 500
We take our job seriously. All passports that are submitted to VisaHQ for processing are covered for up to $500 against any loss or damage. If you choose FedEx when applying online, we will even cover your passport in transit to us and from us to you.
Find us near you
- Washington, DC
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, ILAddressVisaHQ.com Inc.Swift Passport Services
1 E. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611