Croatia Visa Types
Croatia, with its stunning landscapes, ancient cities, and picturesque coastlines, beckons travelers from around the world to explore its wonders. To facilitate entry for visitors, Croatia offers various visa types catering to different purposes of travel. Whether you plan to immerse yourself in its rich history, bask in the sun on its pristine beaches, or engage in business activities, understanding the Croatia visa types is essential.
VisahQ, a reputable visa agency, can assist you in navigating through the complexities of the application process, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. From visa-exempt agreements for certain nationalities to short-stay visas and residence permits, Croatia's visa system provides flexibility and convenience to suit diverse travel needs.
Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days within a 180-days period
Visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days
U.S. citizens must have proof of a negative result from a COVID-19 PCR test that’s no more than 48 hours old upon arrival, or take a PCR test immediately upon arriving and self-isolate until getting a negative result. You must also have evidence of an accommodation paid in advance and in full.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
- Once you are informed that your temporary stay was granted, you have to contact the embassy or consulate once again to obtain a visa to enter the Republic of Croatia or a biometric residence permit (please inquire beforehand about this possibility at the embassy/consulate).
- REGISTERING TEMPORARY RESIDENCE ADDRESS Third-country nationals are obligated to register their temporary residence address within 3 days from their entry in the Republic of Croatia at the competent police administration/police station according to the location of their stay. You can do this by filling in Form 8a and enclosing a lease contract, a statement from the landlord, or a title deed.
- Check visa
Croatia Visa Policy
The Croatia visa policy outlines the regulations you must adhere to if you plan to travel to Croatia in the near future. It defines which nationalities can enter the country without a visa and which countries require a specific visa procedure.
Croatia is a member of the European Union, and consequently, it follows the visa policy of other EU countries. It's important to note that Croatia is not yet part of the Schengen zone, despite applying for membership in 2015, as a definitive decision is still pending.
For certain nationalities, there are visa-exempt agreements in place with Croatia, allowing them to enter the country freely. In such cases, a valid passport with a minimum of three months' validity is sufficient for entry.
However, if your nationality doesn't enjoy this visa-exempt privilege, you will likely need to apply for a visa through the Croatian embassy or consulate. This requirement applies regardless of the purpose or duration of your intended stay. The Croatia visa policy emphasizes the necessity of gathering all the required documents before scheduling an appointment at the nearest Croatian embassy.
For tourists coming from an EU member state, the freedom of movement allows entry into Croatia with just an EU passport, making the process hassle-free.
For non-EU nationals, there is a possibility of a short-stay visa exemption if their country has a specific agreement with Croatia. Typically, Croatian authorities grant a 90-day stay within a 180-day period for nationals of about 90 countries with such arrangements. For example, residents of Bulgaria, Romania, and Cyprus can enjoy this benefit.
Any other nationality not covered by these agreements must apply for a consular visa through the Croatian embassy or consulate, following the prescribed documentation process.
Croatia, known for its stunning coasts and idyllic islands, is becoming a popular holiday destination for people all over the world. Non-EU nationals intending to travel to Croatia from 2024 onwards will need to register with the ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System). This electronic visa waiver scheme, which was implemented to improve border security, will also be available to travelers visiting other member states of the European Union.
The main goal of the Croatia ETIAS is to provide EU member states more security and protection. ETIAS aspires to handle these issues with a cutting-edge system in light of the expanding number of individuals entering the EU, the surge in refugees and asylum seekers brought on by global crises, and the ongoing danger of terrorist acts.
ETIAS' introduction adds a step to the travel procedure for non-EU citizens, but its ultimate goal is to increase efficiency for all visitors. The computerized database enables speedier customs processing, lowering wait times at border crossings, by connecting the information of accepted applicants to their passports.
The procedure of applying for ETIAS is simple, and the majority of applicants get a response shortly after submitting their application. The need for further applications during that time period is removed by the ETIAS authorization's minimum three-year validity period after approval.
It is important to note that Croatia, as a member of the European Union and the Schengen Area since 2023, requires an approved ETIAS for visitors. An ETIAS is also required for travel to other Schengen Area states if your itinerary includes them.
Croatia Visa Online – Get your Croatia E-Visa with VisaHQ
With VisaHQ's quick and easy online visa service, you may embark on a spectacular adventure to Croatia, a country with beautiful landscapes and a rich cultural legacy. You may forget about the hassle of applying for a visa and instead receive your Croatia e-visa in a matter of minutes.
VisaHQ is your reliable companion whether you're interested in a stunning seaside journey along the Adriatic Sea, seeing ancient towns, or experiencing the vivid local culture. Our intuitive system offers a streamlined application process, leading you directly to the visa you need in a safe and timely manner. VisaHQ will handle your visa paperwork so you can focus on enjoying Croatia.
How to obtain a Croatia E-Visa with VisaHQ?
When obtaining a Croatia E-Visa through VisaHQ, the process is designed to be convenient and efficient. Here is an overview of the steps involved:
- Online Application: Visit the VisaHQ website and access the Croatia visa application page. Accurately fill out the required application form with all the necessary information for your specific visa type.
- Document Submission: Submit the required supporting documents based on the type of e-visa you are applying for. Ensure all necessary paperwork, such as passport copies and photographs, are gathered and uploaded as specified.
- Processing and Updates: After submitting your application, VisaHQ will handle the processing on your behalf. Regular updates on the status of your application can be expected within a few days.
- E-Visa Delivery: Upon approval, your Croatia e-visa will be delivered to you via email. Review the details on the e-visa carefully and follow any provided instructions.
VisaHQ strives to make the process of obtaining a Croatia E-Visa seamless, allowing you to focus on your travel plans and experiences in this captivating country.
Why Use VisaHQ?
Why opt for VisaHQ for your visa application needs? Discover the advantages of choosing VisaHQ as your trusted partner throughout the visa process:
- Simplified Application: Apply for multiple visas simultaneously, eliminating redundant information entry.
- Expert Guidance: Benefit from immediate expert assistance during the online application, addressing any concerns promptly.
- Streamlined Process: Enjoy a hassle-free experience with minimal steps, including easy document printing and shipping.
- Real-time Updates: Stay informed with real-time status updates and full tracking for complete transparency.
- Convenient Photo Upload: Easily upload and reuse digital photographs without the need for printing.
Croatia COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is openThe epidemiological measures or restrictions are no longer in force in the Republic of Croatia. For entry into Republic of Croatia it is no longer necessary to present an EU digital COVID certificate or any other certificate related to COVID-19 disease when crossing the border.Prior to arrival requirementsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if visa is needed and apply.
Find us near you
- Washington, DC
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, ILAddressVisaHQ.com Inc.Swift Passport Services
1 E. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611