The following items can be imported duty free into the country by travellers aged 17 years or over.
• 200 cigarettes or
• 50 cigars or
• 100 cigarillos
• 200 grammes smoking tobacco
• 1 litre spirits/ liqueurs or
• 2 litres fortified/sparkling wines
• 2 litres stilled wines
• 50 grammes perfume
• 0.25 Toilet Water
• Other legal goods and souvenirs worth £ 340 can be bought when leaving the country.
• Illegal drugs
• Guns, Explosives and Ammunition
• Knives and other deadly weapons
• Counterfeit money
• Pornographic material
• Live Animals – unless permission has been obtained
• Cigarettes and Tobacco in commercial quantities
• Cats and dogs can only be imported either directly from or via the United Kingdom and will require a veterinarian certificate proving the animal’s vaccination against rabies or a certificate from the British Ministry of Agriculture stating that the animal has been resident for 6 months, or since birth, and that rabies has not existed in one of the areas mentioned above during the previous 12 month.
• Caravans may only be imported provided a License has been previously obtained from the office of the Collector of Customs”