• 1000 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 100 cigarillos
• 250 grams of tobacco
• 1 litre of alcohol exceeding 22%
• 2 litres of alcohol NOT exceeding 22%
• 4 litres still wine
• 16 litres of beer
• 50 grams in perfume
• 10 litres in car fuel – not including fuel already inside car
*Travellers importing or exporting the equivalent of 10,000 Euros in cash or travellers checks will need to declare the total sum to the relevant customs officials. All gold, except personal jewellery, over 500 grammes will need to be declared before entering or leaving the country.
• more than 5 animals
• Dangerous dog breeds
• Meat, meat products, Milk and dairy products
• Only 2 parrots and any endangered species will be prohibited from entering the country unless accompanied by a special permit.
• Any dogs, cats or other animals being brought into the country should be accompanied with a microchip, valid health certificate and a recent rabies vaccination.
• All firearms, explosives and ammunition are completely prohibited from entering the country unless the travellers have obtained either a Certificate of Possession ("autorisation de détention") or a specific Import Permit ("autorisation d’importation de matériels de guerre - armes et munitions") and can submit them to the customs department upon entry.
• The importation of these specimens is strongly restricted following the Community rules implementing the CITES-Convention. An additional export permit from the country of origin and a French import permit, issued by the Ministry of the Environment will be needed for any non prohibited plants or plant materials.