Types of Dominica Visa
Foreign nationals who visit Dominica do so for various reasons, so there are different visas available for these purposes. Here are the visas available for applicants.
- rVisa for remote workersrequired
- nTourist visanot required
- nBusiness visanot required
Visa is not required for a stay up to 180 days
Visa is not required for a stay up to 180 days
All travelers must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result, recorded between 24 and 72 hours before arrival. You must fill an electronic Immigration and Customs form via Dominica’s online portal 24 hours before traveling. US travelers must take a rapid test upon arrival and expect further testing.
This visa is issued on arrival in Dominica and is valid from that date for up to 18 months.
Mandatory form before entering country. The form you will fill may be checked at the borders Dominica whether you have filled in this form or not, and If you haven’t filled in the form or made misleading statements, you may face legal and administrative sanctions. Furthermore, you might not be allowed to enter Dominica.
COVID-19 Test Result. Please provide a copy of a recently issued negative COVID-19 test result if taken.
Vaccination certificate if taken.
Visa application form. Fully completed, signed and notarized original application form.
Passport copy. A clear scan of the information page of your valid, signed passport.
Passport-type photograph. A digital passport-type photograph taken within the last 6 months. This may be taken using a cell phone against a white wall provided if it meets the standards of a passport-type photograph.
Valid Entry Visa. Only if you/your family member is a passport holder of a country where a visa is required for entry to Dominica
Police report. Original police report or Certificate of Good Conduct from the applicant's local police station. A police record must be obtained from all the jurisdictions in which you/your family member lived in the past five years.
Bank statement. A copy of the applicant's most recent monthly bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement.
Employment letter. A copy of a letter from your employer on business letterhead, with contact details, purpose and duration of the trip and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, please include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund. If your income is not from a regular employment salary, then you must also provide a recent bank statement and certificate of good standing and/or credit report.
Health insurance. Health insurance valid in Dominica and covering you and all your family members.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
- Eligibility:You are at least 18 years old;You are of good character, without a criminal record;You are able and willing to make the required financial contribution;You can work remotely;You can expect to earn an income of US$50,000 or more over the next 12 months and/or have the means to support yourself, your spouse/partner, and their other family members accompanying you during your extended stay in Dominica
- As the main applicant, you may apply for your family members via the same application. Eligible family members include:your spouse or partner;your children or stepchildren under the age of 18 years;any other relative who is, by reason of age or any infirmity of body or mind, wholly dependent on you for his/her subsistence.
- Application process:You must submit your Visa Application Form online, pay Application Fee and provide all necessary documents (For documents not in English, a translated and certified copy is required.);Your application, the recommendation, and the JRCC Report is reviewed by the National Security and Home Affairs Department. Your application will be then approved or disapproved by the Minister for National Security and Home Affairs;If you are successful, you will receive an approval letter from the Permanent Secretary or the Tourism Authority;You will then be asked to pay the relevant Visa Fee online within 30 days (see below "Fees").
- Fees:Single Applicant: US$800;Family Application: US$1,200;One Business, Multiple Applicants: US$800 plus US$500 for each additional employee for a business applying for four or more employees.
Dominica Visa for remote workers fees for citizens of United States of America
|Type of visa||Validity|
Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.
Processing times start on the next business day following submission and serve as indications of processing times under normal circumstances only.
|Embassy fee||Service fee||Tax||Total cost|
Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.Up to 18 months
Processing times start on the next business day following submission and serve as indications of processing times under normal circumstances only.7-21 business days
- Check visa
Dominica Visa Policy
All visitors from abroad planning to visit Dominica must obtain a visa, with the exception of Haitians and Dominicans. Citizens of Haiti and the Dominican Republic are the only foreigners allowed into the Island visa-free and stay indefinitely. As far back as May 2015, Dominica signed a visa waiver agreement with the European Union, which allows EU citizens to visit the Island without needing visas and stay for up to 90 days in 6 months.
Europeans must have valid passports to make their entry, but French citizens are allowed to visit for 14 days using just their National Identity Card, which may be valid or expired. The ID card must be issued to the holder between 2004-2013 and must be at least 18 years old or older at the time of issue.
How To Apply For A Visa For Dominica
Foreigners interested in visiting Dominica must book an appointment with a Dominica consulate in their country or a licensed visa agent acting on behalf of the Dominica Ministry of Foreign Affairs abroad. They must complete an application form and attach all the required documents to the application form and submit it for processing.
There is also an application fee which they must pay to the Consulate.
The process often takes a few weeks, but it may delay for up to a few months in worse cases. That is why applying for the visa several weeks ahead is advisable. Successful applicants will get their visas so they can make the trip to the Island.
Travel Information About Dominica
Here are some important travel tips to keep in mind as you prepare for your next trip to the beautiful Caribbean Island.
Dominica & Dominican Republic Are Different Countries
The hurricane season is often quite turbulent, and tourists are advised not to visit from June – November, but if they must, they are advised to take necessary precautions.
The best time to visit the Island is during spring as it is first for hiking, swimming, and other outdoor activities.
Plan Your Finances
The local currency is called the East Caribbean dollar, and it is pegged to the US dollar. If you have a different currency, it is best to convert it to US dollars so you can easily re-convert it to the Caribbean dollar once you arrive. There is a minimum amount you must have depending on the purpose of your visit, do the conversion, and plan your finances accordingly. Factor the cost of accommodation, transportation, food, and other luxuries into your budget.
The passport you travel with must be the same one linked to your visa. If you visit with a different visa, it will be assumed that you don’t have a visa, and the immigration officers will deny you entry. Your passport validity must cover your stay in Dominica to be accepted by the embassy.
The majority of Dominica citizens are English speakers, but they also retain their local dialect. If your English is limited, you may need to hire a guide for your trips, especially when you visit the interior.
The application fee is paid at the time you submit your application to the Consulate for processing. This fee is mandatory and also nonrefundable. Paying the fee is not a guarantee the application will be granted; only applicants who meet the requirements will get the visa.
Every visa issued to a foreigner has an expiration date, so check yours to be sure. Plan your trip well so you can leave on or before your visa expires. Also, note that the visa will automatically expire if your passport expires. This is why the embassy only accepts passports that meet validity requirements.
Don’t Work Without Proper Documentation
It is illegal to work in Dominica without a work visa. The authorities sanction foreigners who work on other visas. Only a work visa qualifies you for a work permit on the Island.
Last but not least are the financial requirements for your visa application. The requirements are different but depend on the visa you apply for. Digital nomad visa applicants must meet a minimum amount of monthly income, while other visas don’t have this requirement. There is a minimum amount you must have as proof of fund which changes periodically. Contact the Consulate or visa agent near you to know more.
Dominica e Visa Online – Get your Dominica e-Visa with VisaHQ
Dominica is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean, but it is also a thriving center of culture and business; if you would like to visit the Island, you will need to meet all the requirements and have ample information.
Dominica COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is openDominica is open for travel, and most domestic restrictions have been lifted. Borders and the Douglas Charles airport are now open for nationals and non-nationals arriving in Dominica.Prior to arrival requirementsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if visa is needed and apply.Upon arrival restrictions😷Masks are required in public spaces and transport.
Find us near you
- Washington, DC
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, ILAddressVisaHQ.com Inc.Swift Passport Services
1 E. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611