Bhutan Visa Types
When planning a journey to the enchanting Kingdom of Bhutan, it's essential to understand the different Bhutan visa types available. The Bhutanese government offers several visa options to accommodate various travel purposes and durations of stay. These visa types include tourist visas, business visas, student visas, Diplomatic visas, Dependent visas and employment visas.
Each visa category has specific requirements and eligibility criteria that must be met. Whether you're seeking a memorable vacation, pursuing educational opportunities, or engaging in business activities, this guide will provide you with an overview of the different Bhutan visa types and help you navigate the visa application process for your desired travel purpose.
- rTourist visarequired
- rBusiness visarequired
Bhutan Visa for Business
If you are planning a business visit to the Kingdom of Bhutan, understanding the Bhutan visa requirements and procedures is crucial. The Bhutanese government provides specific visa categories for business travelers, facilitating their entry for commercial purposes. Business visas allow individuals to engage in meetings, conferences, trade activities, and other related ventures in Bhutan. The visa application process involves collaborating with authorized Bhutanese tour operators who assist in obtaining the necessary clearances and documentation.
Bhutan Visa for Tourism
Licensed Bhutanese tour companies help the online visa application procedure for tourists from all countries except India, Bangladesh, and the Maldives. Tourists may now apply for their visas to the Kingdom of Bhutan with the utmost simplicity, enabling them to quickly and easily begin their once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Business visas can only be requested through the Bhutan Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the sponsoring organization in Bhutan. Once approved, a copy of the visa should be sent to the applicant to use for travel. On arrival in Bhutan, the traveler must present their passport, 2 photographs, and the fee of USD $20.00 to receive the original visa sticker.
Tourist visas can only be requested through licensed tour operators in Bhutan. Once approved, a copy of the visa should be sent to the applicant to use for travel. On arrival in Bhutan, the traveler must present their passport, 2 photographs, and the fee of USD $20.00 to receive the original visa sticker.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for Tourist visa
Additional steps you may take:
- Check the current validity of your passport and the availability of blank visa pages
- Contact the nearest embassy or consulate of Bhutan
Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one. Upon contacting the embassy confirm the required documents, the time it takes to process the visa and whether the consulate accepts applications by mail.
- Check visa
Bhutan Visa Policy
In most cases, a Bhutan Visa is required prior to entering the Kingdom of Bhutan. The Bhutan Visa Policy promotes "High Value, Low Impact Tourism," which the government hopes will help preserve the country's cultural traditions. The Bhutanese government works hard to protect the country's pristine ecosystems and cultural heritage.
The purpose of Bhutan's Visa Policy is to lessen the toll of tourists on the country. As a result, it strictly regulates the number of visitors at any one moment, protecting the nation from being overwhelmed by an inflow of visitors. This method prevents the potential damage to Bhutan's culture and ecology from unregulated tourism.
All visitors including those from Bhutan's immediate neighbors need a visa to enter the country. Booking a tour for up to USD $200 per day is the only way to get the visa. These excursions however give a full range of amenities to ensure that visitors have a memorable time in the nation. All tourists will be provided with comfortable lodging, delicious meals and convenient transportation during their time in Bhutan.
Permission to enter may be obtained at the port of entry for nationals of the Maldives, India and Bangladesh. This however is conditional upon the bearer's passport being valid for at least another six months. The Voter Identity Card (VIC) is also accepted as a legitimate travel document for entrance by Indian nationals. There is also a "sustainable development fee" of around US$17 per day that these visitors must pay to remain in Bhutan.
To enter Bhutan citizens of other countries need to first get a visa. You may do this by submitting an online form to the Tourism Council of Bhutan via a registered Bhutanese travel operator. In order to apply for the appropriate visa the tour operator will need to see the passport's picture page. Upon receiving complete payment for the trip in the TCB bank account including the USD 40 visa charge, the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) will process the visa. The visa application will be handled in 72 hours after approval. Present the visa clearance letter at the point of entry in Bhutan where immigration officials will check its legitimacy and issue a visa stamp.
There are just a few official land entrance points (Phuntsholing, Gelephu and Samdrup Jongkhar) and one official air entry point (Paro) in all of Bhutan.
Some people, such as "citizens of standing" and volunteers, are exempt from the tour booking requirement. Visitors from the Bhutanese government may not need a tour arrangement to see the country's natural wonders.
Regional Permitting System Online
The Department of Immigration, the Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, and the Tourism Council of Bhutan have implemented the Online Regional Permit System to facilitate travel to Bangladesh, especially for citizens of Bangladesh, India, and the Maldives. Together with official Bhutanese tour operators and TCB-approved hotels, this technology accelerates the online processing of permits for regional visitors.
Visitors entering Bhutan from Paro and Phuentsholing have the option of using the Online Permit System to get their permits in advance. Travelers from the area who use this service will have the same experience as foreign tourists in securing necessary approvals and permits for their routes in advance of their arrival.
Bhutan Visa Online – Get your Bhutan E-Visa with VisaHQ
Applying for a Bhutan visa online has revolutionized the travel process, making it convenient and hassle-free. Gone are the days of visiting embassies or consulates in person, as you can now effortlessly submit your application and required documents from the comfort of your own home, using just your computer or smartphone.
The online visa process ensures a smooth experience, granting you the opportunity to explore the breathtaking beauty of Bhutan without unnecessary complexities. VisaHQ ensures a streamlined and efficient experience, ensuring that you meet all the online visa requirements.
How to obtain a Bhutan E-Visa with VisaHQ?
Obtaining a Bhutan E-Visa through VisaHQ is a straightforward and convenient process. Follow these simple steps to apply for your Bhutan E-Visa:
- Visit the VisaHQ Website: Begin by accessing the VisaHQ website and navigating to the Bhutan E-Visa application page.
- Fill out the Application Form: Provide accurate and complete information in the online application form to avoid any potential rejections.
- Upload the Required Documents: Attach the necessary supporting documents as per the specific requirements for the Bhutan E-Visa category you have chosen.
- Submit Your Application: Once you have completed the form and uploaded the required documents, submit your application through the secure online portal.
- Await Processing: Your application will be processed within a few days. During this time, VisaHQ will handle the necessary procedures on your behalf.
- Receive Your E-Visa: Once your application is approved, you will receive your Bhutan E-Visa electronically via email.
- Print and Carry the E-Visa: Print a copy of your approved E-Visa and carry it along with the passport you used for the application. It serves as proof of your authorized entry into Bhutan.
With VisaHQ's user-friendly platform, obtaining a Bhutan E-Visa is a hassle-free experience, allowing you to focus on planning your journey to the remarkable Kingdom of Bhutan.
Why Use VisaHQ?
VisaHQ offers a range of benefits that make it the preferred choice for your visa application needs. Here's why you should consider using VisaHQ:
- Easy and Efficient Process: VisaHQ provides a hassle-free and streamlined application process, saving you time and effort.
- Established Experience: With years of experience in the industry, VisaHQ has a proven track record of delivering reliable visa services.
- Professional Support: Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing you with top-notch support throughout the visa application process.
- Convenient Application Tracking: Stay updated on the progress of your visa application with VisaHQ's tracking feature.
- Multiple Visa Applications: With VisaHQ, you can apply for multiple visas simultaneously, saving you time and effort.
Choose VisaHQ for a seamless and reliable visa application experience, backed by our expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Bhutan COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is openBhutan is open to non-Bhutanese nationals arriving by air.Prior to arrival requirementsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if visa is needed and apply.Negative COVID-19 test: all foreigners entering Bhutan must produce a COVID-19 Negative Certificate.Upon arrival restrictions🏠Quarantine is required.: visitors who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are currently required to undergo five days quarantine in Government-controlled facilities upon arrival into Bhutan, normally hotels. You may be required to show proof of vaccination .😷Masks are required in public spaces and transport.