Barbados Visa

Barbados customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

• 200 cigarettes or
• 100 cigars or
• A combination of the two not exceeding 230 grams (or 8.1 oz.)


• Illegal drugs
• Guns, explosives and ammunition
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Plant and plant products – unless authorised to do so
• Meat and meat products – unless authorised to do so
• Pets and animals – unless authorised to do so
• Foreign rum and matches
• Bags, clothing and other articles made from camouflage material
• Radioactive or other hazardous materials
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material


• All fruit, vegetables, seeds, plants and plant products will need to be declared at the customs department and accompanied by a Plant Quarantine Officer.
• Meat and meat products will also require a special permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs in order to be admitted.
• A permit for the import and trans-shipment at Barbados of all dogs, cats as well as caged birds and poultry will need to be obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture inside Barbados. Permits will only be granted for direct importation of dogs and cats from Antigua, Australia, Ireland (Rep. of), Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and United Kingdom. Dogs entering the country from the United Kingdom will need a non rabies declaration which has been issued in the last six months from the Ministry Of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and an official veterinarian health certificate clearing the animal of all other diseases issued less than a week prior to departure.