Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility
The Acceptance Agent has to:
- Witness the signing of application for new passport;
- Collect a $25 execution fee;
- Check applicant's ID;
- Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.
The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed are:
- Filled out application form DS-11 signed in front of the agent.
- Original proof of the United States citizenship.
- Two passport photos.
- Evidence of urgent travel (1-2 business day passport service only).
- Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
- The Letter of Authorization.
You must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to
expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be
hand-delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State
policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications". The policy
is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the Acceptance Agent Manual.
The Acceptance Agent should write the applicant's name, departure date,
and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more
applications are sealed in the same envelope please make sure that the
information about both applicants is written on the envelope.
All minors must appear in person.
For more information on how to apply for minors
(under 16), please read US passport requirements for minors
The acceptance agent will return sealed envelope to you. Do not open
the envelope. Mail in sealed envelope along with remaining paperwork to
VisaHQ for the processing of your new passport.