South Africa Visa

South Africa customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

• 200 cigarettes
• 20 of cigars
• 250g of tobacco
• 50ml of perfume
• 250ml of eau de toilette
• 2L of wine
• 1l of spirits
• Goods for personal use.
• Travellers may be asked to pay deposit on expensive items like laptops, which is refunded to you when the item is re-exported. Residents who are coming back to the country are advised to register their personal items (jewellery, watches, cameras, laptops etc.) before leaving the country to avoid paying duty on these items when re-importing them.


• Narcotics and other controlled substances
• Pornography
• Weaponry, explosives and fireworks etc.
• Poisonous chemical and biological substances and other health endangering substances
• Cigarettes with a mass of more than 2 kilogram per 1000 units
• Counterfeit goods
• Goods breaking copyrights laws
• Prison-made and penitentiary-made goods


• Local currency of over 10 000,- gold coins, coin and stamp collections and unprocessed gold need to be declared.
• Endangered species of plants or wildlife, whether alive or dead, including any parts of and articles made from them will need permit from CITES.
• Plants and products thereof (honey, margarine and vegetable oils, seeds etc.)
• Animals and products thereof (dairy products, butter, eggs)
Medicines for personal use need to be accompanied by the prescription and a note from your Doctor.