For 16 years old and over:
• 2 cartons of cigarettes and
• 2 l of alcoholic beverages.
• Live or dead animals and foodstuff from third countries where an epidemic has been present and has been included in a health risk list by Rwanda authorities (contact nearest embassy).
• Arms and ammunitions
• Items infringing copyrights
• Environmentally unfriendly items (i.e. polyethylene bags)
• Local currency – maximum of 5,000 of Rwandese Francs
• No limit on foreign currency but declaring compulsory.
• National residents must exchange any foreign currency up to 8 days upon return.