Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
- Traveling to
• 200 cigarettes or 225g of tobacco. There is no information on age restriction
• 1L of alcohol
• Personal goods
• New and unused items as follows: one pair of new shoes or up to three items (or pairs) of new clothing
• Gifts and souvenirs worth up to RM 400, or if the items are coming from Langkawi, • Pulau Tioman or partnership they cannot exceed RM 500
• Electrical equipment – only one unit of a particular appliance
• Commercially produced foodstuff worth up to RM 75
• Counterfeit items
• Explosive material
• Live animals – health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations
• Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES maybe be brought in only with CITES permission
• Medication – in original packaging and with original labels accompanied by prescription or medical certificate
• Weapons and ammunition permissible only with authorisation. Contact nearest embassy for more information
• Currency – any negotiable instruments exceeding US$ 10,000 or foreign currency equivalent needs to be declared to the customs. Local currency exceeding RM 1,000 can be brought in only with permission from Controller of Office Exchange