Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
• Alcoholic beverages – 3 bottles approx. 760cc
• Cigars – 100 Cigars
• Cigarettes – 400 cigarettes
• Other kinds of tobacco – 500 grams
• Perfume – 2 ounces
• The total overseas market value of all articles other than the above items must be under200,000yen. Any item whose overseas market value is under 10,000yen is free of duty and/or tax and is not included in the calculation of the total overseas market value of all articles.There is no duty-free allowance for articles having a market value of more than 200,000yen each or each set
• If you are carrying cash or other means of payment exceeding 1 million yen, you are required to declare to Customs. Please ask the Customs officer at seaport as well as airport for a blank form. Following items in excess of 1 million yen (or their equivalent) that needs to be declared:
- Cash, including foreign currency
- Travelers checks
- Promissory notes
- Gold bullion (not less than 90% purity) exceeding 1kg.
• Heroin, cocaine, MDMA, opium, cannabis, stimulants, psychotropic substances, and other narcotic drugs (excluding those designated by Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance)
• Firearms, ammunition (bullets) thereof, and pistol parts
• Explosives - dynamite, gunpowder and other similar
• Precursor materials for chemical weapons
• Counterfeit, altered, or imitation coins, paper money, bank notes, or securities, and forged credit cards
• Books, drawings, carvings, and any other article which may harm public safety or morals obscene or immoral materials for example pornography
• Child pornography
• Articles which infringe upon intellectual property rights.
• Plants and animals must be presented to the plant or animal quarantine officer for quarantine inspection prior to Customs examination.
• There are quantity restrictions on the import of medicine and cosmetics.(e.g. for pharmaceutical products: amount for use for a period of 2 months; quasi-drugs: amount for use for a period of 2 months; cosmetics: 24 applications)
• No person shall bring hunting guns, air guns, swords, etc. into Japan without a permit to possess.