Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
- Traveling to
• 200 Cigarettes or
• 50 Cigars or
• 2000 grams of tobacco or
• Proportionate amounts of each of the above items
• 1.136 litres of Alcoholic beverages
• Gifts equalling $100 (including 100 cigars in addition to tobacco allowance above)
• Meat and meat products
• Plants and plant products – unless permitted to do so
• Weapons and ammunition – unless permitted to do so
• Living animals
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Illegal drugs
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• There is a GYD 4000 (Guyana dollar) Embarkation tax for any passenger flying out to any foreign destination.
• All cats and dogs being imported into the country will require an import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture proving that the animals have been vaccinated against Rabies and are in general good health.
• Other livestock and plant materials being imported into Guyana will also require an import permit from Plant Quarantine Section (plant materials) of the Ministry of Agriculture. Animals imported from a country infected by Rabies will face a 90 day quarantine before being allowed entry into the country.
• Fresh and raw meat will require an import permit and will face an inspection “by qualified veterinary doctors from both the Ministry of Agriculture and the veterinary Public Health Services of the Ministry of Health” upon entry.
Other items requiring an import licence to enter the country include the following.
• Fresh fruit
• Organic and inorganic fertilizers
• Beauty and makeup preparations
• Weapons and ammunition