According to the Russian law all foreign citizens visiting Russia must register with the migration service within 7 business days regardless of the purpose of their visit. Weekends and official Russian holidays are not considered as business days. If foreign citizens several Russian cities, they have to register in each city in case they are planning to stay there longer than 3 working days. It is strongly recommended not to ignore this procedure, as absence of registration during your stay in Russia may lead to trouble with the police, fines and difficulty in getting Russian visa in future.
Fill out Russia tourist visa application form online
and send the following documents to VisaHQ:
Russian visa application form. For online orders, please download, print and sign Russia visa application, prepared by our system under your account. Application forms cannot be double sided, please print on one side.
Original, signed United States of America passport with at least 2 blank pages and validity of at least 6 months beyond the validity of the requested visa.
Passport Photo: 1 Include a passport style photo, with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. You may also choose to upload a photo to your order for us to print. There is a surcharge associated with this service.
Tourist Voucher (Invitation). Copy of tourist voucher (invitation) issued by tourist company or hotel in Russia approved by the Ministry of Tourism. Please upload a copy to your profile. Not required if ordering an invitation through VisaHQ.
Double entry letter. For double entry, a letter from the applicant addressed to the "Embassy of Russia, Visa Section" explaining how, when, and where you will enter and exit the country each time.
Electronic copies of documents. Please, upload electronic copies/scans of all the requested documents to your application when you apply.
Additional required documents for applicants with name change
• Name Change Application. A copy of the Name Change Application.
• Name Change Deed. A copy of the Name Change Deed.
• Court Order. A copy of the Court Order for the name change.
• Marriage Certificate A copy of the Marriage Certificate, if applicable.
Additional requirements for applicants born in the former USSR or Russia
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
•Copy of USSR passport with a stamp stating you left for “permanent residence abroad”, dated prior to February 6, 1992;
•Or a copy of a “Visa to Israel” issued prior to February 6, 1992;
•Or a copy of a Certificate of Naturalization issued prior to 1996;
•Or a document confirming the renunciation of your Russian citizenship;
•Or a copy of the main pages of a passport of a former USSR state, issued after February 1992;
•Or a written statement of explanation, in the case that you have no documentation.
In accordance with Russian law, visas can not be issued to Russian citizens with expired passports. We remind you that in accordance to Article 12 of Russian Law “On citizenship of the Russian Federation”, children born to two parents who are Russian citizens, automatically gain Russian citizenship, regardless of the place of birth. In this case visas are not issued, and they must apply for Russian citizenship, or have their information written into the passport of one of their parents, or obtain a Russian passport.If applying for a minor, please provide a copy of their Birth Certificate, in which it is evident that at least of the parents is not a citizen of the Russian Federation.
The embassy may request additional documents and a personal interview at their discretion.
Additional required documents for minors
• Birth certificate. A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
• Letter of consent. A notarized letter of consent signed by both parents, specifying who will be traveling with the child and authorizing the Consulate to issue a visa to the child.
• Parents' passport copies. A copy of the information pages of both parents' signed passports.
• Applicants currently serving in, or who have formerly served in the US Military are not eligible for Multiple Entry visas and must apply for Single or Double Entries only.
• Russian tourist visa applications are accepted only within 90 days of the proposed entry date to Russia. Please apply only within 90 days of the date of travel.
• Applicants applying for 3-year multiple entry MUST have their passport containing two blank visa pages side by side for the visa to be issued.
If necessary, VisaHQ can assist with passport renewal
for US citizens.