Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
- Traveling to
Tobacco by persons older than 17 years who originate from:
• Europe, Africa, America or Asia may take up to 1000 cigarettes or cigarillos or 250 cigars or 2 kilograms of tobacco.
• Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, New Hebrides,Indonesia) may take up to 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 400 grammes of tobacco.
• 1 litre of alcoholic beverages (except aniseed or absinth) plus 2 bottles of wine or champagne;
• A reasonable quantity of perfume for personal use.
• Dogs and cats:Import generally prohibited.
• All sorts of plants, seeds, flowers and soil are prohibited unless brought in on import permit.
• Raw meat: Prohibited except if originating from Australia, Canada, Denmark, French Polynesia, Ireland (Rep. of), New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, U.S.A. or Vanuatu, and provided being accompanied by a sanitary certificate in the form prescribed by the veterinary department of New Caledonia;
• All types of "Pitbull" dogs (e.g. Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier), Mastiff, Tosa will be sent back to country of origin.
• Pets allowed from E.U. countries:
* Accompanied by certificate of residency (valid for more than 6 months when travel commences);
* Rabies vaccination: rabies control measures and quarantine period is 1 month.Import from all other countries:
* Quarantine period is 6 months;
* Allowed only if coming (transit stop in other countries is allowed, provided the animal does not leave the aircraft during such stops) from a country that has been rabies free for at least 2 years;
* A 5-day quarantine period is compulsory;
* The animal must be accompanied by: An import permit and a zoosanitary certificate issued by an official veterinary surgeon in country of origin within 3 days before departure.
• Rottweilers may now be imported loaded in a rigid plastic container conforming to Air France rules.
• Birds - Generally prohibited except if coming from a country free of aviary pest and newcastle disease. Parrots: import max. 2 per person (owner for more than 6 months), and the animal must be free of psittacosis.
• Cooked meat and other animal products: must be covered by a sanitary certificate in the form prescribed by the veterinary department of New Caledonia.