Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
- Traveling to
• 200 cigarettes or
• 250 grammes of other tobacco products*
• 1 litre spirits and 1 litre wine or
• 3 litres wine or
• 1 litre spirits and 6 litres beer or
• 1.5 litres wine and 6 litres beer **
* All travellers need to be aged 18 years or over to import tobacco products into the country.
** All travellers need to be aged 20 years or over to import alcoholic products into the country.
• 3 kg of food not exceeding ISK 18.500 in price
• Travellers importing or exporting more than €10000 in either local or foreign currency will be required to declare it upon either entering or leaving the country.
• Illegal drugs
• Uncooked meat and meat products
• Uncooked milk and eggs
• Weapons and ammunition – unless granted permission
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Pets and other animals – unless granted permission
• Finely powdered snuff
• Flowers and plants- unless granted permission
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• Guns and ammunition being imported into the country for the purposes of hunting or sport will require a special permit from the police authorities before being granted admission.
• Live flowers and plants will need a special phytosanitary certificate from the country of origin which must then be fully supported by the Icelandic Agricultural Research Institute before being allowed admittance into the country.
• All dogs, cats and other live animals will require a permit from the Ministry of Agriculture before being granted entry into the country.
• Other items restricted from entering Iceland include already used Angling gear and Riding clothing which will need prove of disinfection prior to being granted entry. Various forms of communications equipment including remote controls for toys, cordless phones and radio transmitters are banned without a Post and Telecom Administration permit.