• 200 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 250 grams tobacco
• 1 litre wine
• 1 litre beer
• Up to D1000.00 in other goods
• Guns, explosives and ammunition – unless permitted to do so
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Illegal drugs
• Pornographic material
• Radio-communication equipment not approved for use at destination
• Meat, poultry, and many other animal products
• Plants, parts thereof, and plant produce including trees and shrubs, potatoes and certain other vegetables, fruit, bulbs, and seeds – unless permitted to do so
• A special permit from the Commissioner of the police is required before any firearms or ammunition can be legally imported into the country. Items will be kept by the police until the permit can be issued.
• A permit from the Director of Agriculture is needed if importing plants into the country.
• All pets will require a veterinarian’s health certificate authorised by the country of origin and will require registration by the Gambian Veterinary Department upon entry into the country.
• Motor vehicles being imported will require an Invoice of Purchase, Certificate of Title (displaying Model, Year, Engine Number and Chassis number). Left hand drive vehicles only can be operated in Gambia.