French Polynesia Visa

French Polynesia customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

The following items can be imported tax free into the country by passengers aged 17 or over.
• 200 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 100 cigarillos
• 250 grams Tobacco
• 1 litre spirits over 22% vol.
• 2 litres fortified wine
• 2 litres stilled wine
• 16 litres of beer
• 500 grams of coffee
• 50 grams of perfume
• Travellers importing or exporting the equivalent of 10,000 Euros in cash or travellers checks will need to declare the total sum to the relevant customs officials. All gold, except personal jewellery, over 500 grammes will need to be declared before entering or leaving the country.


• Live animals
• Plant materials
• Flowers
• Fruits- unless in can form
• Guns and Ammunition
• Explosives
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Illegal drugs
• Pornographic materials
• Antiques and nationally valuable works of art – should be checked with customs before leaving the country.


• Telecommunications and radio equipment – requires an import licence
• Travellers should note that certain wildlife animals or plants and parts thereof are protected by the Convention of Washington (CITES). The importation of these specimens is strongly restricted following the Community rules implementing the CITES-Convention.
• Pets including cats and dogs are prohibited from entering the country unless first coming from a rabies free country. All import authorization requests should be submitted at least two months prior to departure. Travellers will need to provide a certificate from the country of origin proving the animal’s protection from any diseases and official prove that rabies is not present in the country of origin. Certain breeds of dogs are also prohibited from entering the country including Staffordshire terriers, American Staffordshire terriers, Tosa and Mastiff.