Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country.
Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
• 200 cigarettes
• 20 cigars
• 250g of Cigarette or Pipe tobacco
• 2 litres wines
• 1 litre spirits and alcoholic beverages
• 50 mil perfume
• 250 mil toilet water
• 25kg per family of Red Meat
• 5 kg per person in Poultry Meat
• 36 Eggs per person
• 2 litres Fresh Meat
• 12kg of Sugar per person
• Other new or used goods of a total value not exceeding R3000.00
• Illegal drugs
• Military firearms, explosives and ammunition
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Unauthorised plant and plant products
• Unauthorised meat and meat products
• Unauthorised pets and animals
• Semi-precious stones such as agate, amethyst, Botswana pink, jade, rose quartz, carnelian, chalcedony, crystal quartz, tourmaline, jasper, tanzanite, garnet, moss agate, tiger’s eye, sodalite, aquamarine, azurite and malachite.
• Radioactive or hazardous material
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• Firearms and ammunition may only be imported into Botswana upon production of a Police permit issued by the Central Arms Registry. The importation of firearms, which do not have the manufacture’s serial number or other number by which they can be identified, stamped or engraved on a metal part of the weapon, is totally prohibited.
• No boat, mokoro or aquatic apparatus may be imported into Botswana unless the owner is in possession of an Import Permit issued by Department of Water Affairs.
• All plants, seeds and other plant products being imported into the country will require permission from the Chief Agricultural Research Officer.
• Importation and exportation of wild animals or their products (trophy or meat) is prohibited unless accompanied by an export permit issued by the Department of Wildlife and National Parks.
• Cats, dogs and other animals being imported into the country will need an Animal Health Certificate issued by the Director of Animal Health and Production and a Rabies vaccination certificate.