Montenegro Visa

Montenegro customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

All passengers, regardless of nationality

• 1. 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grammes of tobacco;
• 2. 1 litre of wine and 1 litre of spirits;
• 3. 1/4 litre of Eau de Cologne and a reasonable quantity of perfume;

Foreigners, and nationals of Montenegro (Rep. of) residing abroad

• Personal effects, such as jewellery and clothing, 2 photo cameras, 1 video camera, 1 pair of binoculars, camping equipment (tent, etc.), 1 bicycle (engine powered or not), sporting requisites (e.g. 1 of each: fishing equipment; diving equipment; 1 hunting arm with appropriate quantity of ammunition; 1 pair of skis; 2 tennis rackets). Moreover, if portable: 1 musical instrument, 1 CD/MP3 player, 1 laptop etc.

Nationals of Montenegro

• Articles (not including goods included in 'A.' above) up to the value of USD 100.


• No information available


Foreigners, and nationals of Montenegro (Rep. of) residing abroad

• Verbal declaration that the goods are temporarily imported. However, for all other articles imported for personal use (e.g. video-camera, video-recorder etc.) a written declaration for temporary import is required. Nationals of Montenegro working abroad must provide a written declaration stating that the items concerned are temporarily imported.
• Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a veterinarian Good Health Certificate legalised by the Veterinary Authorities at the point of origin or departure.