Vanuatu Visa

Vanuatu customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

For travellers of 15 years and older:
• 250 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 100 cigarillos or 250g of tobacco
• 1.5L of Spirits
• 9L of Beer
• 2.25L of Wine
• 250ml of eau de toilette
• 100ml of eau de perfume
• In addition to the above - new and unused items up to the value of VUV 50,000 or equivalent


• Narcotics
• Pornography
• Counterfeit items
• Cultural artefacts and other objects of cultural importance
• Explosive and flammable material
• Soil, agricultural products (biological or chemical) like animal feed, plants feed etc.
• Seeds and nuts (unless commercially packed and processed)
• Plants
• Fresh fruits and vegetables
• Animal products i.e. foodstuff, clothing, jewellery etc. (feathers, skins, honey)
• Weaponry and ammunition


• Live animals – health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations. Contact nearest embassy to obtain permission or contact the authorities directly.
• Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES maybe be brought in only with CITES permission.
• Medication – accompanied by prescription and in original packaging. Please contact the nearest embassy to make sure your medication will be allowed in.
• Dry and processed foodstuff like polished rice, noodles, commercially packed tea, biscuits, processed nuts, processed fruits and vegetables (i.e. pickled vegetables). These items need to have original label and need to be declared.
• Plant craft produce like straw hats, mats, frames and wood carvings can be brought into islands only when declared where it will be inspected and if needed specially treated.
• Currency – amounts exceeding equivalent of VUV 1,000,000 need to be declared.
• Agricultural tools
• Camping equipment
• Used sports gears (shoes, golf club, etc)