Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
- Traveling to
For over 18 years old, non-commercial amount of gifts and other items for personal use of value up to AED 3,000
• 400 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 500g of tobacco
• 4L of alcohol (combination of spirits, wine and beer) or 2 cartons of beer (no more than 24 cans per carton, and no more than 355ml per can)
• Narcotics including psychotropic medication
• Pornography (please consider the term as used under the Islamic law)
• Any material that contradicts Islamic teachings
• Counterfeit items
• Cultural artefacts and other objects of cultural importance (authentic engravings, prints, lithographs etc.)
• Any goods from countries with no diplomatic relation with UEA
• Any goods from Israel or with Israeli branding
• Gambling related items (lottery tickets, gambling machines)
• Three layers fishing nets
• Any tyres showing usage or tempering, also inlaid tyres are not allowed
• Items, materials or substances polluted with radiation
• Homemade foodstuff
• Live animals - health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations. Contact nearest embassy to obtain permission.
• Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES maybe be brought in only with CITES permission.
• Medication (including some painkillers) - strict laws applies, please contact the nearest embassy or mission to make sure they are allowed and what quantity is allowable if you in transit to another country. For list of embassies please refer to our Contact tab.
• Currency - whether foreign or local exceeding the equivalent of AED 40,000 (including traveller’s cheque) needs to be declared. Passengers below the age of 18 cannot import more negotiable instrument than the stated limit.