Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country.
Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
Allowance for over 20 (or over) year olds. No information available about allowance for under 20 year olds.
• 200 cigarettes
• 25 cigars
• 500g of tobacco
• 1L alcohol (regardless of the amount of bottles)
• Personal articles that have been owned and used by the passengers abroad up to the value of NT$10,000 for each piece or set.
• Combination of personal articles (new items) or gifts up to the value of NT$20,000
• Narcotics and other restricted substances that are for other than medicinal purposes (please note-death penalty applies for drugs smuggling)
• Any publication propagating Communism
• Counterfeit items or tools for producing such items
• Gambling articles, lottery tickets and others gabling tokens
• Copyright infringing items
• Soil, plants and animals (except pets) and products thereof from countries which Taiwan has temporarily or permanently considers a health hazard
• Fresh, frozen, salted and boiled marine products
• Fresh fruits
• Weapons and ammunition, explosives and chemical and biological weapon as well as imitation guns (PLEASE NOTE –death penalty applies for bringing weapons and ammunition)
• Endangered species and products thereof unless accompanied by permission. For more information and contact details please contact Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine or contact CITES for permission.
• Antiquities and other culturally important items
• Pets - health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations. Contact nearest embassy or the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine.
• Plants, foodstuff and seeds - health certificate required. Contact nearest embassy if you are planning on transporting any foodstuff.
• Medication (please contact the nearest embassy or mission to make sure they are allowed) Currency
• Gold - declarable, if exceeding value of US$ 20,000 permission required the Ministry of Economic Affairs Bureau of Foreign Trade
• Foreign currencies – declarable regardless of amount
• Bearer Negotiable Instruments (cheques, money orders, drafts etc.)- declarable when equals or exceeds US$ 10,000.
• Local Currency New Taiwan Dollar – up to NT$60,000, any exceeding amounts requires permission from the Central Bank of China
• Renminbi/ Yuan (currency of People’s Republic of China) - up to 20,000,- any amount above that needs to be declared and will be placed in bond and will be returned upon leave.