Apply for visa to Papua New Guinea
• New goods worth up to PGK 200.- for person over 18 years old and PGK 100.- for persons under 18 years. This does not include radios, transistor radios, tape recorders, tape players, tuners, amplifiers, video recorders, tv-sets and associated equipment for which a tax will have to be paid.
• Articles over 1 year old may be allowed free admission.
• 1 litre of alcoholic liquor for persons of 18 years and older;
• 260 cigarettes or 250 grammes of cigars or tobacco for persons of 18 years and older;
reasonable quantity of perfume.
• Uncanned foodstuffs of animal origin from countries other than Australia and New Zealand.
• Any type of pig meat from New Zealand, whether fresh or canned.
• All animals (excluding pets – see paragraph below) and plants from countries other than Australia and New Zealand.
• Pets - the import of pets like cats and dogs is subject to approval of Chief Quarantine Officer (contact details below) and may enter only as a cargo.
• The period of quarantine for dogs and cats received from Australia and New Zealand is 48 hours, from elsewhere a 9 months quarantine period is required in Australia.
• The import of animals, plants, and the products there of into Papua New Guinea is subject to prior written approval of the Chief Quarantine Officer (Animals and Plants), Agricultural Protection Division, P.O. Box 2141, Boroko, Papua New Guinea.
• Currency Import - there is no restriction on local currency (Papua New Guinean Kina-PGK) and foreign currencies: no restrictions. Import of traveller's cheques is allowed.