Norway Visa

Norway customs

Need help?Chat with us+1-800-345-6541+1-800-345-6541
Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

• If you have been out of Norway for at least 24 hours, you can bring back goods worth a total of NOK 6,000 duty free. If you have been out of the country for less than 24 hours, you can, once in a 24-hour period, bring back goods worth a total of NOK 3,000 duty free. You cannot bring back alcohol or tobacco products unless you can document that the goods were purchased subject to taxes (not duty free) in an EEA country.
• To import other foodstuffs than mineral- water, chocolate and confectionery duty free, you must be at least 12 years old.
• Within the limit of NOK 6,000/3,000, you can bring the following goods with you duty free (see the limitations that apply to absences of less than 24 hours as mentioned above):
- One litre of an alcoholic beverage containing more than 22% and up to 60% alcohol by volume and one and a half litres containing more than 2.5% up to 22% alcohol by volume, or three litres of beverages containing more than 2.5% and up to 22% alcohol by volume
- Two litres of beer containing more than 2.5% alcohol by volume, or other beverage containing more than 2.5% and up to 4.7% alcohol by volume. This means, for example, that you can import five litres of beer if you do not have other alcoholic beverages with you
- 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of other tobacco products, and
- 200 sheets of cigarette papers

• You must be over 18 years old to import alcoholic beverages. To import alcoholic beverages containing more than 22% alcohol by volume, you must be over 20 years old.
• You must be over 18 years old to import tobacco products.
• Ten kilos in total of meat and meat products, cheese and foodstuffs. Dog and cat food is not included in the limit of 10 kilos.
• Travellers can bring with them the following fruit, berries, plants and plant parts for private use without a plant health certificate being required:
- up to 10 kilos of fruit, berries and vegetables, but not potatoes
- up to 25 cut flowers
- up to three kilos of flower bulbs and flower tubers
- up to five pot plants (house plants) from European countries
- up to 50 portion packets of seed


• Endangered animal and plant - elephants, leopards, tigers, wolves, wolverines, some species of crocodiles and snakes, some birds of prey, eggs of certain bird species and some orchids and cacti


• Drugs, medicines and poisons (small amounts of medicine for personal use are permitted)
• Alcoholic beverages containing more than 60 % alcohol per volume
• Weapons and ammunition
• Fireworks
• Potatoes
• Mammals, birds and exotic animals
• Plants/parts thereof for cultivation
• Meat, meat products, milk and dairy products from countries outside the EEA area. It is prohibited to bring in meat, meat products, milk and dairy products in your luggage from countries outside the EEA area. Such products must be imported via a veterinary border control point and the goods must be accompanied by a health certificate.