Mauritius Visa

Mauritius customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

If a passenger is of 16 years of age or over he/she may bring in the following goods, free of customs duty:

• Tobacco (including cigars and cigarettes) not exceeding 250 grammes;
• Spirits not exceeding 1 litre;
• Wine, ale or beer not exceeding 2 litres in all.
• One portable musical instrument;
• One portable sound and/or image recorder;
• One portable radio receiver;
• One portable video camera;
• One camera;
• One cine camera;
• One sporting firearm with not more than 50 cartridges (Police permit is required before importation);
• One non-powered bicycle;
• One windsurfer and up to 3 assorted sails;
• One surf board;
• Fishing equipment but excluding guns of any type.


• Sugar-cane
• Parts thereof
• Soil micro-organism
• Invertebrate animals.


• All animals including animal products require an Import Permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and a Sanitary Certificate from the country of origin. All animals must be declared to the customs authorities immediately on arrival, and landing is allowed only if certificates issued by the veterinary authorities of the exporting country are in conformity with Import Permits. Dogs and cats undergo a six months' quarantine; birds and other animal/species up to 2 months.
• A plant import permit must be obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture, prior to introducing plants and plant materials including cuttings, flowers, bulbs, fresh fruits, vegetables and seeds. All plants must be declared to Customs immediately on arrival and are subject to examination.