• 400 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 250 grammes of tobacco
• 2 litres of wine
• 1 litre of other alcoholic beverages*
• 50 ml of perfume
• 250 ml toiletries
• Other legal gifts up to LSL 500
*South African nationals are banned from importing any alcohol into the country.
• Illegal drugs
• Weapons, Explosives and ammunition
• Dangerous weapons
• Plant and Plant products – unless permission has been obtained
• Pets and animals – unless permission has been obtained
• Dairy and meat products
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Gambling machines
• Pornographic or blasphemous material
• Livestock, seeds, bulbs, plants and trees may not be imported without payment of Customs and Sales Duty and are subject to quarantine restrictions.
• Goods with serial numbers must be declared at the customs department before being granted admission into the country.
• All cats and dogs being imported into the country will require a veterinarian health certificate alongside a rabies vaccination certificate issued by the country of origin before being granted entry.