Apply for visa to Kyrgyzstan
• 1000 cigarettes or
• 1000 grammes of tobacco products
• 1.5litres of alcoholic beverages and 2litres of wine
• Travellers can import and export an unlimited amount of foreign currency without incident. Citizens of Kyrgyzstan can import or export unlimited sums of local currency providing a declaration is made at the customs department upon entering or leaving the country. A small Embarkation tax equal to 10 USD will have to be paid all travellers leaving the country.
• Illegal drugs
• Weapons, explosives and ammunition – unless permission has been obtained
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Fruit and vegetables
• Plant and plant products
• All birds and poultry coming from or via Turkey
• Precious metals including gold and silver not declared at customs
• Printed material attacking the country and people of Kyrgyzstan
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• On entering the country, tourists must complete a customs declaration form which must be retained until departure, and then handed over on the international flight leaving any CIS country. This allows the import of articles intended for personal use, including currency and valuables which must be registered on the declaration form. Customs inspection can be long and detailed.
• All weapons and ammunition will require a special permit before being granted admission into the country.
• Cats, dogs and other animals being imported will need a Veterinarian health certificate issued less than 10 days prior to flight. All pigeons are currently banned from entering the country.