• 200 cigarettes or
• 225 grammes of tobacco or cigars
• Reasonable amount of perfume
• 1 litre bottle of spirits and 1 litre bottle of wine – only applicable for travellers aged 21 years or over.
• 1 pair of binoculars
• 1 still camera with 6 rolls of unexposed film
• 1 portable radio and broadcast receiver
• 1 portable tape recorder
• 1 portable typewriter
• Reasonable quantity of sports equipment
• Illegal drugs
• Guns, explosives and ammunition
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Plant and plant products – unless permission has been obtained
• Animal and animal products – unless permission has been obtained
• Vaccines and viruses
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• Passengers over two years old will be required to pay an additional AUD 20 embarkation tax before being legally allowed entry.
• Plants and plant products including fruit and vegetables, Animals and animal products all require import permits and a phytosanitary certificate before being granted entry into the country.
• Cats and dogs can only be imported from Australia, Fiji and New Zealand and will require an import permit from the Chief Agricultural Officer.