Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country.
Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
• 200 cigarettes or
• 50 cigars or
• 225grammes of tobacco
• 1 litre of spirits
• 1 litre of alcoholic beverages
• 1 litre of wine
• 150 grammes perfume
• Personal goods equalling JMD 500
• Jamaican residents can import an unlimited amount of local currency and a similar unlimited amount of foreign money up to the equivalent of the amount declared when departing. Visitors to Jamaica can also import foreign currency without restrictions but are prohibited from bringing in local currency.
• Residents of Jamaica can export all local currency without restrictions. Foreign currencies equalling 100 Jamaican dollars can be exported by residents travelling abroad. Non residents can export an equal amount of foreign currency to the amount that they entered the country with but all local monies are prohibited from being exported out of the country.
• Illegal drugs
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Firearms, Explosives and ammunition – Unless permission has been obtained
• Meat, meat products, Plant and Plant products – Unless permission has been obtained
• Cats and dogs – Unless permission has been obtained
• Local currency
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic or offensive
• All species of birds
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Animals made of goatskin such as handbags and rugs which have not already been shaven, cured and cleaned first.
• The following and similar publications:
- All publications of de Laurence Scott and Company of Chicago in the United States of America relating to divination, magic, cultism or supernatural arts.
- All publications of the Red Star Publishing Company of Chicago in theUnited States of America relating to divination, magic, cultism or supernatural arts.
• Pornographic materials including
• All firearms and ammunition being imported into the country will require an Import Permit and Licence from the Police Commissioner of Customs Trade Board Firearms & Licence Authority.
• Two way radios and other specialist communications equipment will need a licence from the Spectrum Management Authority.
• Meat and animal products will require an inspection certificate issued by the Government Veterinary Division or Ministry of Agriculture.
• All fruit, vegetables, plants, plant products and soil will also require a special Phyto Sanitary Certificate from the Ministry of Agriculture.
• Any pets being imported will require an import permit from the Veterinary Division of the Ministry of Agriculture. All cats and dogs entering the country will be inspected upon arrival and must have been born and bred in the United Kingdom and holding a valid health certificate.
• Motor vehicles will need an import licence to be authorized by the Trade Board Limited.