Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country.
Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
• 200 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 40 ounces of liquor or wine
• Personal and household effects
• Currency - travellers are allowed to export local currency and foreign currencies up to the amount that is imported. Travellers with credit cards are allowed up to XCD 2,500. Higher sums will require proof of exchange.
• Weapons and ammunition (unless a prior permit has been obtained from the police commissioner)
• Knives and other deadly weapons
• Pornographic or offensive material
• Illegal drugs
• Various plants including bananas, coconuts, coffee and avocados
• Protected wildlife and endangered species
• Visitors will need to pay an EC$55 departure tax when exiting the island.
• All live animals including dogs or cat imported into the Commonwealth of Dominica must be accompanied by an import permit issued by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development Unit showcasing the animal’s lack of and protection against disease.
• Foreign plant and plant produce is restricted from entering the country.
• Weapons, explosives and ammunition will require a special permit and be declared by customs officials before being imported into the country.