• 200 cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 40 ounces of liquor or wine
• Personal and household effects
• Currency - travellers are allowed to export local currency and foreign currencies up to the amount that is imported. Travellers with credit cards are allowed up to XCD 2,500. Higher sums will require proof of exchange.
• Weapons and ammunition (unless a prior permit has been obtained from the police commissioner)
• Knives and other deadly weapons
• Pornographic or offensive material
• Illegal drugs
• Various plants including bananas, coconuts, coffee and avocados
• Protected wildlife and endangered species
• Visitors will need to pay an EC$55 departure tax when exiting the island.
• All live animals including dogs or cat imported into the Commonwealth of Dominica must be accompanied by an import permit issued by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development Unit showcasing the animal’s lack of and protection against disease.
• Foreign plant and plant produce is restricted from entering the country.
• Weapons, explosives and ammunition will require a special permit and be declared by customs officials before being imported into the country.