• 250 cigarettes
• 250 grams of cigars and other tobacco based products.
• 2.25 litres of alcohol - All alcohol in accompanied baggage is included in this category, regardless of where or how it was purchased.
• General Goods- If you are aged 18 years or over, you can bring up to A$900 worth of general goods onto Christmas Island. If you are under 18 years of age there is an A$450 limit. General goods include gifts, souvenirs, cameras, electronic equipment, leather goods, perfume concentrates, jewellery, watches and sporting equipment.
• Travellers exceeding Australia's duty-free concession limits will be charged duty and tax on all items of that type (general goods, alcohol or tobacco).
• Illegal drugs
• Counterfeit goods
• Weapons and ammunition – require permission and a permit
• Food, plants and biological goods – needs to be declared
• Cats and dogs are prohibited from entering the island.