Brazil Visa

Brazil customs

Need help?Chat with us
Call us 7 days a week


Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Be informed.
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Be safe.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
  • Citizenship
  • Traveling to
Free import

• 400 cigarettes or
• 25 cigars or
• 250 grammes of tobacco
• 24 units of alcoholic beverages – units classified as either 75cl or 1 litre bottles
• 10 units of makeup items
• Clothes and other articles for personal use
• Books and periodicals
• Local and foreign currency greater than BRL 10,000 will need to be declared when entering or leaving the country


• Illegal drugs
• Guns, explosives and ammunition
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Fresh fruit and vegetables
• Plant and plant products
• All species of birds
• Pets and animals – unless authorised
• Dairy products including milk, egg and cheese
• Fish and fish products
• Cigarettes or alcoholic beverages of Brazilian origin
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Hazardous materials
• Pornographic material


• Flower, plants and plants products will require permission from the Ministry of Agriculture before being granted admission into the country.
• Meat, egg or fish products will all also require permission from the Ministry of Agriculture before entering the country.
• Cats, dogs and other animals being imported will need an international health certificate from the country of origin which was issued less than 10 days prior to their arrival. Pets 90 days or older will also require a Rabies vaccination certificate issued 30 days prior to the intended date of arrival.