Register your trip with the US Department of State!
Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
Help the US Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
Be in touch.
Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Travel safely and register your trip with the US Department of State!
Protect yourself while traveling internationally by having VisaHQ register your trip with the US Department of State and the US Embassy in your destination country. Registration only takes minutes and provides peace of mind while traveling abroad.
- Traveling to
• 200 cigarettes or
• 50 cigars or
• 250 grammes of tobacco
• 1 litre Wines or spirits
• Basis foodstuffs including bread, rice, flour, Fresh meat and condensed milk
• Medicine and medical supplies suitable for personal use
• Animal feeding material
• Travellers can freely import and export up to 100 BZD per person in local currency and can import and export an unlimited amount of foreign cash providing it is declared upon arrival. Residents can export up to BZD 400 in local currency. “Under the Customs Laws of Belize, all persons are required to declare any currency in their possession in excess of $10,000.00 BZ or foreign currency equivalent”.
• Travellers visiting from countries which are part of the Caribbean Common Market are exempted from paying import duty on certain items providing the importer produces a Certificate of Origin from the country within the Common Market.
• Illegal drugs
• Guns, explosives and ammunition
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Plant and plant products
• Meat and meat products
• Milk and poultry products
• Hazardous materials
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• Hams being imported into the country are not duty free and will require an extra 35% import tax before being granted admission. Turkeys have an extra 40% duty applied to them.
• All plant and plant products will require permission from the Belize Agricultural Health Authority (BAHA).
• Meat and meat based products being imported will also require permission from the BAHA before being granted admission.
• All cats and dogs being imported will require a special import permit from the Agriculture Department Belmopan. A general health certificate issued two weeks prior to your arrival is also required alongside a rabies vaccination certificate issued no less than a month before your visit begins.
• Restrictions are placed on the importation of wooden furniture included in household effects and require an import license from the Ministry of Trade prior to importation.
• Restricted exports include boneless beef and certain beef products derived from cattle less than 30 Months of age.