All minors must appear in person and must be accompanied by BOTH PARENTS or legal guardians with acceptable proof of ID. If only one of the parents is present, he or she must bring a Statement of Consent ( Form DS-3053
) signed and notarized
by the other parent, executed within 3 months of the application date. A single parent must bring the original evidence of sole legal custody.
Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility
The Acceptance Agent has to:
- - Confirm parent’s relationship to the applying child
- - Witness the signing of the application by parents on behalf of the child;
- - Collect a $25 execution fee;
- - Check parent’s ID;
- - Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.
The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed are:
- Filled out application form DS-11 signed by the parents in front of the agent.
- Original proof of the United States citizenship for the child.
- Two passport photos of the child.
- Copies of parent’s IDs.
- Evidence of urgent travel (1-2 business day passport service only).
- Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
- The Letter of Authorization signed by the parents on behalf of the child.
Parents must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be hand-delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications". The policy is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the Acceptance Agent Manual.
The Acceptance Agent should write the child's name, departure date, and the date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more applications are sealed in the same envelope, please make sure that the information about all applicants is written on the envelope.
The acceptance agent will return the sealed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. Mail the sealed envelope along with remaining paperwork to VisaHQ for the processing of your child’s new passport.